Check out our schedule of health, wellbeing and arts activities including drumming lessons, world percussion circles, Afro-Brazilian movement, yoga, dance classes & more!
For our Beginners Course. scroll to the start date on September 8th to book (and follow instructions below). Read more about the course here.
HOW DOES IT WORK & HOW TO BOOK
We’re offering a mix of face-to-face and online activities. We’ve adapted all our pre-lockdown activities (plus some new exciting extras) to be hygienic, safe, and with secure social distancing measures in place – whilst of course keeping them fun and welcoming to all!
All online activities are clearly labelled as online – the access link will be sent to you by email. We use state of the art visual and audio technology to make the experience as good as real life!
If you would like to book one of our bubble experiences – including percussion circles and family activities – find out more here.
TO BOOK FOR THE FIRST TIME (the process is a lot easier then it may sound):
- Click “BOOK” on the class you want on the schedule above (please book at least 2 hours before the class starts). For courses (e.g. Beginners), scroll to the start date of the course.
- You will be taken to our online studio software Karmasoft which manages all our activities and participants.
- Click “Sign Up – New Students” rather than Guest Checkout, as you’ll be able to manage your booking.
- When registering, PLEASE check both boxes are ticked to receive “notification emails” and “communication emails” otherwise you won’t receive our class details (screenshot below).
- You will be taken to our store page where you can click on ‘buy’ to choose the class you like.
- When directed to the Katumba Culture Hub Order page you can enter your payment details and click “Process Order”.
Success! You will receive a confirmation email with full details on how to access your online class.
Next time you book your class, all your details will be saved so you can skip steps 3 to 5.
*Sometimes the shopping basket might appear empty – if so, refresh the page and try again.
***We are offering some subsidised spaces for those who have been affected by COVID-19. Get in touch using our contact form HERE
ABOUT THE TEACHERS:
YOGA: Juliana Pinheiro Landim
Juliana is an experienced, compassionate teacher who encourages a playful and non-judgemental approach to yoga. Brazilian yogini, musician and Katumba Movement Director Juliana Landim says: ‘Influenced by my recovery through yoga from an accident that left me nearly paralysed, I bring a unique sense of empowerment & knowledge to my classes. Through asanas, intention, pranayama, meditation and sound work, my goal is to make yoga accessible – and transformative – to all. I teach in a way that motivates students – regardless of experience or yoga background – to connect and discover their bodies, what they are capable of, and how they can heal and prevent problem areas through yoga.’
PERCUSSION & OTHER ARTS: Click here for our teaching team.